What are the most popular food truck menu concepts?
Maybe you're thinking of opening a food truck or wanting to hire a food truck for your event and don't know what the most popular food truck menu concepts could be? With our experience in the food truck industry I have seen a lot of concepts come and go, but there are a few that seem to stick. Of course depending on your location in the world your most popular food truck menu concepts would be different. Before we jump into our selections of the most popular menu concepts. I would like to caution anyone who is thinking of opening a food truck and wants to serve a popular cuisine you will have a significant level of competition and some well known trucks to contend with. So you may want to try something new. Regardless if you open a food truck with a popular menu concept or you try something new you have to execute your menu and provide good quality food. Make that your focus and you will be able to compete.
TOP FOOD TRUCK MENU CONCEPTS
- SMASH BURGERS
- MAC & CHEESE
- GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- THAI FOOD
- SPIRAL POTATO
- WOOD FIRED PIZZA
- ROLLED ICE CREAM
- JAPANESE FOOD
how to pick a popular food truck menu concept
- Consider your local area and the types of food that are popular in the area.
- Think about the types of food that are easy to transport and serve quickly.
- Research what other food trucks in your area are offering and consider how you can differentiate your menu.
- Consider the cost of ingredients and the time it takes to prepare the food.
- Test out menu items on friends and family to get feedback.
- Consider the seasonality of certain menu items.
- Make sure that your menu items are easy to eat on the go.
If you're thinking of opening a food truck one thing you could do to break into the market is to find different type of cuisine or make a fusion between two popular cuisines, for example make a mac and cheese, grilled cheese sandwich. Honestly it's probably been done but hey, come up with something different. Taking food truck's head on that have a reputation in the business is not a smart idea. BUT if there is a gap in the market or a current food truck vender has a lot of bad reviews, you may be able to push your way in.
Another thing to keep in mind when choosing a menu concept is that certain foods become popular and fade out over time. This must be something you're ready for and prepare some backup options if you find sales slowing because of a trend fading.
OFFER SOMETHING NEW BY COMBINING Main STREAM CONCEPTS (FUSION)
- Create a unique twist on a classic dish. For example, a taco truck could offer a taco with a special sauce or a unique combination of ingredients.
- Offer a combination of two popular dishes. For example, a burger truck could offer a burger with a side of fries or a wrap with a side of nachos.
- Offer a unique dish that is inspired by a popular cuisine. For example, a food truck could offer a Korean–style burrito or a Mexican–style pizza.
- Offer a unique dish that is inspired by a popular regional cuisine. For example, a food truck could offer a Cajun–style sandwich or a Southern–style wrap.
OTHER FOOD TRUCK CATERING INFORMATION
Why do food trucks fail?
Food trucks are not immune to failure. Many factors can contribute to a food truck's failure, such as a lack of customers, high overhead costs, and competition from other food trucks and restaurants.
8 Things To Know Before Opening A Food Truck
Home 8 Things You Must KNOW Before OPENING A Food Truck Food trucks are becoming increasingly popular in cities across Canada and the United States.
How Much Does It Cost To Rent A Food Truck?
Answering the question of “how much doe's it cost to rent a food truck” can be difficult as every country, province or state can be different.
Have a food truck attend your event
Home HAVE A FOOD TRUCK ATTEND YOUR EVENT We are going to go over some of the things for you to think about when you
Food Truck Catering
Home FOOD TRUCK CATERING THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOWLooking to hire a food truck to provide catering for your event? Below we will talk about the